Pulse of LA in the Time of Protest
Open to all members, no fee. Please submit your artwork on entrythingy.
Deadline is: July 25, 2020.
Pulse of LA in the Time of Protest will be installed on the new SCWCA Exhibition online venue! Visit here.
Special Edition: Pulse of L.A. in the Time of Quarantine, an online exhibition showcasing the work of our members. Each member can submit one work of art and a short statement. We will be rolling this out in sections each month in our new exhibition portal created by board member Melissa Reichsmann and board member Karen Schifman will be curating related programming.
Deadline for our first group of entries will be June 15, 2020. We hope to have our first collection of artists exhibited on our website by the first of July. Entries will be selected from entrythingy and there is no fee. Look for the title Special Edition: Pulse of LA in the Time of Quarantine on entrythingy.
She Votes Altered Book Project
This project is timed to run concurrent with the Feminist Art Coalition, a national project by U.S. art institutions to mark the Centennial of the 19th Amendment that gave women the right to vote. There will be many exhibitions and programs this year. Many will address its failure to protect women of color and spotlight enduring inequities across the nation. Locally, MOCA, the Hammer, ICA and others are participating.
- What: SCWCA artist and board member Bonnie J. Smith is creating an altered artist’s book to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the 19th amendment, a woman’s right to vote. Bonnie J. Smith is the editor and coordinator of this project with support from the SCWCA board
- Deadline: All works of art must be received no later than July 31, 2020.
- Who: Open to Women’s Caucus for Art members in good standing.
- Specifications: Create an original work of art to be pasted into a leather-bound volume. Prints, collage, paintings, drawings, mixed media, fiber and photographic artworks are all acceptable. Abstractions, text, narratives are all welcome that address this theme.
- Size : May not exceed 4” x 6” x ¼ .”
- Artists may submit a second work of art for possible inclusion in the book. Unused works may be included in exhibits or returned to the artist.
- Mail: Each artwork and Signed Release Form must be mailed directly to Bonnie J. Smith and received by June 10, 2020. Attach a label on the back of the artwork.
- Address: Bonnie J. Smith, 1237 S. Victoria Avenue, #426, Oxnard, California. 93035.
- Email JPEG: Send JPEG firstname.lastname@example.org sized 4×6 @ 300 dpi labeled your name and title of work. Example: Smith_VotingHeaven.jpg.
- Artworks will be scanned so copies may be used in an exhibition, video or printed volume.
- The original book will be displayed at various events, exhibitions and venues.
- The book will also be submitted for inclusion in a museum archive, such as the Getty Research Institute that holds our chapter papers or similar.
Fees: There are no submission fees associated with this project.
Download above description and image release form here.