Current SCWCA Exhibit Opportunity
Southern California Womens Caucus for Art, SoLA Gallery, Los Angeles CA.
This exhibition explores how women artists are taking the pulse of our rapidly changing, interconnected world. The theme may be broadly interpreted from a political, personal or formal context through a variety of media.
Pulse of LA is part of an ongoing contemporary art initiative by the Southern California Women Caucus for Art that includes exhibitions, programs and public conversations. Artists at all career levels are invited to submit work for consideration. Artists may submit up to three pieces of work in any media (no video). Works must be original and not previously exhibited in a SCWCA exhibition.
Entry fee: $20 for SCWCA members $35 for non-members. 3 images per entry.
Submission Deadline: 5/28/18
Delivery to gallery: 6/30/18
About the juror:
Katherine Harvath is an arts administrator and artist based in Los Angeles. She is Associate Director at the Landing Gallery which is dedicated to establishing a dialogue between under-appreciated historical artists and contemporary practices. Harvath received a BFA from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago and an MFA from the University of Chicago. She has curated exhibitions at the Logan Center for the Arts at the University of Chicago where she was Curatorial Assistant to Monika Szewczyk and at Kavi Gupta Gallery in Chicago where she was Artist Liaison & Curator. Her interests include painting and sculpture made across many generations and experiences and finding meaning in material and form.
Submission instructions you will find on the entrythingy portal:
- Eligibility: Open to all self-identified women artists in the Southern California region. Submissions: All submissions must be done online.
- Work must be available for duration of exhibit.
- Size limit is 48 inches in any direction
- The artist must assist with installations of sculpture, complex 2-D works and all installations.
- Wall-hung works must be suitably framed. No clip or saw- tooth hangers.Work that does not comply with these rules or match images submitted to the juror will be disqualified.
- Insurance: Artists must provide their own insurance.
- Sales: 80% to artists 20% SCWCA.
- Provide a statement for submitted work(s) that gives their relevance to the exhibition topic. Description limited to 530 characters.
- Name your JPEG files: Artist last Name and Title plus dimensions Example: Smith_funhouse10x12.jpg. Do not use double quotation marks, colons or semi-colons in names.